Deep Tissue Massage at Holiday Feet
What is the benefit of Deep Tissue Massage?
Do you suffer from sore chronic tension; stiff, nagging muscles; limited mobility and headaches?
Everyday we exert effort. We lift, carry, twist, bend and turn. Over time, we over-exert muscles and this can lead to strain and injury. Deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
A study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that people’s blood pressure fell after a single 45 to 60 minute deep tissue massage. Additionally, a 2010 meta-analysis in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry found that massage modalities like deep tissue reduce stress hormone levels and heart rate while boosting mood and relaxation by triggering the release of oxytocin and serotonin.
Why Deep Tissue Massage is so Effective:
Deep tissue massage is such a powerful therapeutic technique because it goes deeper than the typical relaxation massage. The focus is almost solely on the less superficial layers of muscles, making it a popular choice of therapy for rehabilitating soft tissue dysfunctions that are a result of sports-related injuries, and muscle aches and strains caused by everyday activities such as working, lifting and gardening.
Who can benefit from deep tissue massage therapy?
Virtually anyone. Deep tissue massage therapy is very helpful for clients who undergo hard physical training, participate in excessive sports, or have to endure prolonged sitting activities. One of our massage therapists can effectively treat and relieve persistent pain in the back, neck and head areas as well as stiff, tight, pulled and contracted muscles in any part of the body.
What are the benefits of deep tissue massage?
Deep tissue massage reduces muscle tension and releases stress within the muscles. It provides optimum relief from overuse and encourages natural blood circulation and lymph flow, which stimulates the circulatory system and dramatically increases much needed oxygen flow throughout the body. Increased oxygen promotes greater flexibility, improved range of motion and lowers susceptibility to muscle injury and/or strain. The result is an overall reduction of inflammation.
Other benefits are:
- Lengthening of shortened muscles
- Softening and dissolution of banded muscles
- Encouraging flexibility to tight and stiff muscles
- Realigning of scar tissue
- Bringing balance and elasticity to the body
- Promoting the cleansing and flushing of toxins
What should you expect from a deep tissue massage?
Deep tissue massage is a completely safe and comfortable massage therapy, however, there are a few things you should be aware of to enhance your massage experience:
- Be prepared for some discomfort during a deep tissue massage. The pressure and stretching techniques used may be a bit more demanding than a typical massage therapy treatment.
- In most cases, you will experience some muscle soreness after treatment. The soreness goes away in a couple of days, and the body is re-vitalized.
- As the patient, you will guide the depth, intensity and frequency of the treatment to maximize the benefits to your body.
- The cleansing and corrective action of deep tissue massage will encourage the body to flush toxins, so please remember to drink plenty of water after each session. This being said, avoid drinking a large quantity of water at once following your session as this can be hard on the kidneys. Instead, try to supply your body with a steady flow of hydration by sipping about two liters of water throughout the day.
Contact us to experience benefits of Deep Tissue Massage at Vancouver
At Holiday Feet Massage’s Therapeutics, our experienced Deep Tissue Massage therapists like to give a simple but professional treatment plan when working with our clients in Vancouver. We use different methods of practical procedures that provide key information and allow progress to be administered and measured. To increase mobility and stability, we suggest therapeutic exercises at home in addition to your Deep Tissue Massage therapy. We are proud to introduce some of the best practitioners for Deep Tissue Massage in Vancouver. Hurry up and book an appointment now to get the best Deep Tissue Massage in Vancouver.
Holiday Feet Wellness Center located in Vancouver offers Traditional Chinese therapy techniques like Acupuncture, Foot Reflexology, deep tissue body massage, acupressure massage, Scraping(Gua Sha) and Cupping. Our Massage Therapy practitioners in Vancouver are highly qualified with an extensive training in their areas of expertise and experienced. In our integrated service, our staff provides a wide range of healing programs to the local community of Vancouver city.